There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 2 : Waiter, can I get more structure please?

I am not sure if it is a fallacy of working from home and having absolutely no schedule but I feel disorganized as hell.

My sleeping schedule is basically dictated by the meetings I have and how much reading I do (I go to sleep around 3h30AM), my macro eating is consistent but also messed up. Fortunately, my good habit of fast emails responses and paperwork was achieved. Training volume are also consistent since it the only time I really spend time working on myself, literally.

So here is what I learned this week ; 
  • Schedule everything. Even though it could be as little as a 15 minute article read, structure imposes efficiency thus reducing lagging time. 
  • Set an alarm. Keeps your body in a state of "predictiveness" instead of responding to whatever is happening. 
  • Work on a weekly objectives and daily checklist. It helps you look to the future and anticipate what needs to happen to make the next steps effort-worthy, instead of aimlessly thinking about what needs to be done.
  • Plan fun time - because life.
  • Plan learning time - because you still don't know everything.
  • Plan thinking time. Friday afternoon or when the volume of work decreases, give your brain space to think about an issue.
  • Be flexible in your approach but consistent over time. If you mess up a day, don't beat yourself up over it, there is also tomorrow and since you are an entrepreneur, your day does not necessarily end at 5h00PM - cheers to being an entrepreneur.
  • Track your progress and your mood - do you keep a journal? My blog is kind of it, helps me understand what I went through and keeps my readers (read friends) informed of my progress.
Cheers to progress,
10000 hour blog - Week 2 : Waiter, can I get more structure please?



No comments:

Post a Comment