There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 6 ; Conferences and getting your feet wet

The world that I want to play in now knows my face. Trade shows are a great way to see how the industry functions, who are the players and how the investments are made. The people that are exhibitors are usually receptive, want to share information and can give you precise insights on what you don't know. I have no problem acting like I don't know because most times, I don't. 

I spent time talking to people and as much as possible, keep an open mind and listen to the cues that people give you. I always ask myself also, how can I integrate this thing that I find cool or how can I improve something I consider weak or defective.

It can be overwhelming though. Seeing a sea of competition can be scary. Scary as hell. They are ready, prepared and know their stuff. They built those businesses and hustled their way in. But you will too. You will hustle and you will reach your objectives. If you don't, the world will never see how great you are.

Cheers to leaning in!

Yvens

No comments:

Post a Comment