There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

More Than This

Change.

Change is effing great. It leads to growth and adaptation. Sometimes change, even partnered with the best effort, leads to failure. But failure in itself is change, so the change here is a lesson.  

For a long time in this blog, I wrote about your 10k on how it can change you. That the investment made into that obsession of yours should eventually lead to something, passing the small hill of mediocrity and grinding through the mountain of being decent. That still remains true, but something wasn't. 



I wasn't true to myself.

Who was I to preach something that I did not do? Did I really wanted to become a CFO of a company? No. I could have done so, I was skilled enough and was moving rapidly through the ranks, but who was I kidding? At the core of myself, I was unhappy. Completely and utterly unhappy. I wasn't given the chance to be on this planet to become a CFO. That may be the dream of someone else, but to me, that would represent mediocrity. At the end of my life, I wonder how I could have defended that mediocrity. There has to be more than this.

There has to be more than this.

Recent events have given me the opportunity to change. When the decision was made, it was easy. I recently left my comfortable corporate position for a life of uncertainty. Well, not really that uncertain. My effort is certain. My drive is certain. I know I am going to put 100% of my efforts at realising my projects. I am all in, I can't (and do not want) to look back.

I realise now that what I was proposing is not the sexy solution to most people problems. It's not the 2 week solution or the 5 step method to get sh*t done. No. It's that soul crushing work ethic, this laser beam focus on getting things done. Most will probably never get there, and that is fine. I never minded swimming against the tides. My proposal remains the same, grind through the 10K and marking my list as "Done".

More than this means become of your TRUE self. Not what is common expectation but what is truly your source of happiness and how you can work to achieve on the highest level of execution.

If you are already on your own path of the 10k, we may now speak as equals. If not and the desire to change is burning into you, I encourage you to joinus . If you do not believe that you could ever join us, simply watch. 

Brother, sister, we will crush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment