There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A deep desire


Why are we going through the things that we are going through? Why are we putting ourselves into such pain and such challenges? Do we do it for the end result and for the gain?  Yes, but I believe only partly.

I think we all need validation. We need to feel either validated by ourselves or by others.  Ourselves for our self-confidence, see if we are right or surpass ourselves. Others to prove people wrong, show them what we are made of.

Myself, I am doing it for all of the above reasons.  See if I can be right, make my mom proud and prove some people wrong. Knowing that now makes everything I do more focus and internalizes my expectations – it’s all on me. 

Give it some thought. How does it makes you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment