There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Monday, October 8, 2012

Prayers


Like someone else cannot go to the gym for you to get you fit, no one can turn you into what you truly want. Every day, I see people posting on social media motivational pictures and other types of reinforcement material to justify their current state. How sad. They share their pain. That is the first step towards healing. But what is done after to change this state?

I know a lot of people that pray. I do not have a specific religion in my head, simply the act of hoping and asking.  I am not a fervent believer. I don’t believe in prayers. I do not believe asking for God for change. Our world advancement has never been driven forward strictly with prayers. When I see people asking God for money, health and other things, I cringe. Put yourself into His position. You have a child that constantly begs for something that he can get by his own means, would you give it to him?  No, you won’t. Why would you? What lesson would he have learned from his experience? None - he does not deserve it.

What worthy goal does not demand sacrifice? How can you expect to be given what you do not yet deserve? That is selfishness and laziness. We have seen many descending into the abyss because it came too suddenly.

If I have to pray, I would pray for other people. I would pray for luck. I would pray for things that I have little to no control over. I would ask for strength while I am walking in my journey and guidance while I am lost. Most importantly, I would thank him for any progress made.

However, I am not a religious person and this blog neither. But I am a believer. I believe in you. I believe in your power to complete your goals.  I have seen it and so do you. You are not different from any other successful person. They had similar and different struggles. They are sons and daughters of immigrants. They are sometime uneducated. They are sometime beaten down. But they are constantly moving forward by making the best  possible decisions. Not because of their prayers but because of the action behind that prayer. 10,000 hours of hoping ≠ 10,000 hours of actions.

Never leave a prayer without action. It is foolish to think that God will do for you what you can do for yourself.

10000 Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment