There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Monday, April 9, 2012

Spin Off


I am preparing a 10K spinoff.  While this blog is excellent to track my progress and share my experiences with the world, I want to discuss my actual 10K subject and make a whole lot of noise, like Seth Godin recently blogged about.

I am a capital allocator or as the world know better, an investor. When I was a kid (not too long ago), I stumbled upon a game that simulated the stock markets. Cards would tell you an event that happened and you had to guess how the stock ticker would react.  I cannot remember for the life of me which one it was, but ever since that day, I had a keen interest in financial markets. I am also a strange kid, I did not ask for toys but books for gifts. I love to read. Anything I can learn, I will try my best to master it. As a kid, I used to sleep very late and pile up books under my pillow because I would read and re-read a few of them at the same time; my mom was on the fence for that. The premise of being able to make money without actually having to do anything but read and research naturally clicked with my personality. I am very curious by nature and no amount of knowledge is satisfying. You should see how much time I spend on Wikipedia, you would be outraged.

This blog will not die. Au contraire. I will keep posting interesting articles, updates and thoughts. 
While the 10,000th Hour will stay more generic, the new blog will be focused on investment research and valuation.

I hope to hear from you soon. Come and follow me on twitter to discuss, share and read my random thoughts on various subjects.


Cheers,


Yvens

No comments:

Post a Comment