There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Monday, January 9, 2012

Yearly Evaluation

You probably noticed that there were no new posts for the last 2 weeks. While you might think I was on vacation, I was recapitulating this year worth of work and rethinking my attitude.

January 1st is a great day to look at what you achieved. While people make new resolutions and trying to justify their failures, in your adventure, you are counting the skills and the progress that you have made over the year.  


Here is a sample of what I have done;
  • Landed a job in my field.
  • Quit some activities unrelated to my 10K.
  • Mastered the art of eating properly to maintain the shape that I want.
  • Started a new company.
  • Posted 66 blog entries.

Over the next 12 months, I plan to;
  • Further my company’s activity.
  • Reduce my body fat percentage to 8%.
  • Complete a major part of my accounting title.
  • Expand my network to include 20 more professionals and friends.
  • Increase my net worth.
  • Travel 2 weeks to Europe.

This meets one of my long term objectives of meeting Charlie Rose, if still alive.

It is very simple, but to me, this is culmination of your talent being invited to this show.

Why am I doing this here you may ask? I am making my objectives public, very public. I truly believe in accountability and being able to track your progress. This is one of the reasons why I am writing every week. I have about 10 years to achieve greatness. I plan to make every moment count. I want you to take the same challenge. If you and I can connect to this level, we can change the world. Of that I am certain.

Again, measure it, break it into small workable pieces and most importantly do it. I want to hear about you. Take a pledge and write a comment. Be accountable to yourself, only you can make it happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment