There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Attitude (Updates on the 10km run)

More training for the 10km charity (donations are accepted!!)

Today, I ran my fist 40 minutes in a couple of years. I combined a smooth mixture of HIIT and jogging. Sweet disaster, I could hardly eat properly afterwards, but it feels amazing. Getting those small steps done and out of the way helps re-caliber my objectives. Doing this can assist your goals in a big way. So after 40 minutes…45 minutes! I can actually do it without dying on the treadmill, which would be quite sad if it happened. My ultimate goal for the charity run would be to run it under 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was very lazy in L.A. so I have no choice but to add extra efforts into this. No more cookies for Yvens.

Attitude, part 1

Today on the blog, we talk about attitude. While flying back from L.A., in the late night flight, I was listening to a motivational tape from T. Harv Eker. This man wrote a book and made an audio tape of it called “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind”. This tape discusses not exactly how to get rich, but illustrates the difference in attitude and behaviours between the poor, the middle class and the rich population. The tape can get very dramatic at certain times, but it makes its point. While this blog is not really a discussion on how to get rich,the tape helped re-learned some ideas and aspects I have forgotten. Our attitudes toward certain subject, like your 10K, can affect its success and outcome. I believe that the way you approach certain things define how much commitment you will have and many other aspects. The next post will make links through the tape/book and this blog.

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth

The question to ask then would be: Are you committed? Do you want it really bad? Did you gave yourself other options or your selected 10K is your long term goal? If you answered yes to the first two other questions, you are on the right track. If yes to the third question, you might want to reconsider your choice. It is really about make it or break it. You cannot afford any other situation then your set goal and that will bring you the life that you strive for. Being that committed my friend ,will give you the right tools to tackle your own 10km run.

No comments:

Post a Comment