There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We are Borg, We Will Adapt (Feedback/Adaption Post)

I was told recently that I tend to have a negative attitude. This does not come as a surprise as I am a true sceptic. This gives me natural skills such as being able to detect risk, conclude on what really applies and have, generally, a good idea on the outcome of a problem/situation. But, when applying these techniques on human beings, the result is quite different from what I really want. Thanks to Star Trek and the Borg, I found a way to fend this attitude off.

In my 10K, I believe in adaptation and salesman skills. Being negative does not go along these traits and working towards a better solution is only going to grease the wheel for me. So, before speaking, I use my previously mentioned skills before making any judgments or dull remarks. It has helped me tremendously as I actually feel happier being around people. Problem solved.



I have a question for you; what is your personal issue? Have you asked for feedback recently on your performance or your general behaviour? Are you too aggressive or reactive? Do you tend to take emotional decisions when it is not appropriate? Do you criticize endlessly? Worse, are you a complainer? It is a great exercise to get out of your comfort zone and confront things that are hindering you from achieving your next level of success. You can only gain a new perspective by asking personal feedback from someone you know and trust, who will give a straight unbiased opinion about the most important aspect of your 10000 hours, yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment