There Is No Shortcut

There Is No Shortcut

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Focusing on your talent

Common sense has it that if there is something that you set your mind to, you can achieve everything. They forgot to say that it applies only to those people that have the underlying talent. That talent comes from even before you could potentially make a decision. Many people have been saying this. Is it fair game? Absolutely. You cannot possibly become good at everything, only at a few. This is why we build teams that consist of individuals with special abilities and specialities. It does not stop you to learn what your teammate does in case something happens to him, but understanding this will give you a leaping advantage over a lot of people.

Let’s take a look at an American football team. If the team would be filled with people that would be generally good at everything, the team would be a disaster. That is why you have a quarterback, offensive liners and wide receivers. They each have their task in order to get the ball to the other side of the field. They are also shaped in different ways to help the team succeed.



I'd like to see the guys on the left catching the ball this way....

I hope this help clarify some things, if not, I will regardless spend a lot of time trying to make sure it is! The lesson here is we are not meant to do everything. I do not think in my life I can become a poker star. I simply have no interest in it. Neither that I think I will ever be a singer, I simply do not have the voice (well….nowadays voice is irrelevant). So….the big message is focus on what you have, make what you have the best of what you can do and think big. Perhaps dream bigger?



No comments:

Post a Comment